FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric (Escala Lodge) Park City UT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:42 am
evergrn

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I've stayed at the property twice now on points bookings that were locked in long in advance over prime times and have another points booking there over Christmas that is nonrefundable as well. The majority of the rooms within the Hyatt Centric are condos owned by an individual which is probably one of the main reasons why bookings are nonrefundable over the prime times, the owners want to make sure they don't get stiffed during those periods. Hyatt really just manages the property for the condo owners.

Aspen had a Hyatt Residence Club for years up through December of last year until the condo owners hired a new property management team. When that property was under the Hyatt umbrella it was very hard to book a points stay over ski season. Same goes with the HRC in Breckenridge and all of the Destinations properties in Vail and Snowmass over prime times.

From my perspective, being very hard to book points stays at condo owned hotels during prime times, I'm just thankful to able to do so at the Hyatt Centric PC since it's such an amazing place to ski and stay. The downside is that your locked in but the risk is worth the reward to me.
I appreciate what you're saying. But for me nonrefundable is really tough. I may still decide to take a chance, but plans can change over 10-11 months and I really treasure my Hyatt points.
Another condo hotel I stay at a lot, Whistler Hilton, always has tons of award inventory available throughout the ski season. So I just think it's whatever scheme the management decides to employ.
Also, to my surprise, even Hyatt Place is nonrefundable for award stays for the nights I was looking at.