FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Khao Lak Resort & Spa, Khao Lak, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:34 pm
henkybaby
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Hi. Been to both. JW twice and LM once in the last 2 months. Some perspective is needed. JW doesn’t have that many ‘suites’ and the ones they do have would really only benefit families. The terraces nor the view are really any better. Pool room is the upgrade for most.

LM is new and shiny but here also they only have 4 villas (I believe) so first come first serve. We are not that rare as status holders. Also, given the low low prices at both resorts, some people actually book the villas / suites. I know, right?

So you can get off your high horse. Things will improve dramatically if you snag a villa at LM but not as much at the JW. Unless it’s an entitlement issue of course.

JW is miles ahead when it comes to F&B. No comparison at all, even though all Marriott properties in Phuket have very similar menus. LM is chaotic. JW is big and doesn’t really have a ‘pool scene’ if you care about that. You go to the pool to swim not to lounge around it. There are some chairs around the adult pool but no service and a bit isolated.

Both beaches are very good. Much better than most in Phuket, where they are often steep, soft and unwalkable. I have no preference.

JW is definitely better but maybe not for families with kids.

Also remember that we come out of COVID so the staff are rusty, the interns are not back yet and the last 2 years they have focused on the domestic market.

When I picked a hotel to go back to it was the JW even when it was 2,5x more expensive.

Pro tip ; look at their instagram and Facebook feeds, because that’s where the great deals are.

Currently in the JW in Phuket because I love the pool scene but if you care about rooms, F&B and long walks along the beach: JW Khao Lak is for you.

Hope this helped.