FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:40 am
cesco.g
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I have been looking for flights to BKK for the summer in Business. I am still seeing 787-9 to Europe from Chicago and Tokyo from Denver with the old non Polaris seating. I cannot believe that all these years later, and with the down time during COVID that they are still using non converted planes on key routes. Are they ever going to complete the refit?
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Only 7 birds remaining with non-Polaris seats. The chance of getting a non-Polaris birds decreases rapidly. The completion date is probably July, 2022, according to this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34016377-post2568.html
The reintroduction of the grounded 777 with the PW engines might free up sufficient non-PW 777s to cover the remaining non-PS 789 flights.

Still surprised by some non-PS 789s showing up on dedicated Premium Economy routes. Just this past week two days SFO-FRA was operating on non-PS aircraft. Flight status displays PY cabin as "Full" "0 checked-in". Quite a let-down for pax who bought PY tickets.