FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choices in Frankfurt
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:33 am
scented

Originally Posted by luxefarer
Slept in Frankfurt for a day in 2018 (in-between travels to Jordan). Jumeirah. I was hell bent on viewing ‘Jil Sander: Present Tense’ exhibition at Museum Angewandte Kunst and this influenced the decision to stay overnight. Til then, I don’t remember ever having a tourist interest in the city... my impressions of the city were limited to the terminals of FRA airport and Senator lounge.

My oversimplified take on Frankfurt... a small financial airport city, duty free shopping (stocked up on Rimowa) and some neat museums. Once you’ve done that, you’ve done it all (again oversimplifying). 2-3 days max. Hotels seem to cater to the revolving door of corporate suits rather than the luxe traveler.

Oh right ... but what about Jumeirah? Won’t bore you with description, the hotel experience was indeed lacklustre as scented stated, but I’ll add, ‘functional’ too

I’ve since repressed the memory in the way one does when they stay at an airport hotel.

But the question remains, who does it best in Frankfurt?
Spot on... this is such an excellent summary. From a leisure perspective I tend to say Frankfurt is in "go if you must" section these days, so it's invariably a compromise. A stopover while connecting on LH might be enough or best stay at the very comfortable First terminal.

There is Frankfurter Hof, a Steigenberger Hotel -- it might be considered 5*, but certainly not luxury and enjoys a solid reputation in Germany. Though million miles away from any luxury experience on an International level (it's a Steigenberger - basically a German Hilton ).

Jumeirah Frankfurt started off well but then deteriorated rather quickly.