FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe seating 3-3 on some routes [to help clear storm disruption backlog]
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:22 am
ajamieson

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
No, but I got an eamil at 0514 this morning subject line "A message about your flight" which said "If you have an onward connection that you are now at risk of missing, our rebooking team will be aware" which struck me as pretty useless for a flight that was supposed to have landed at 1930 the previous evening.

It also didn't say which of the flights in the booking it was talking about; the outbound was also delayed by two hours, so maybe I'll get another one in two days' time.

Only apology was a very brief mention from the flight deck but given that it was probably their fourth apology of the day, I suppose that's forgivable. Our delay was lengthened by the utterly useless Menzies ground staff at EDI allowing a passenger to board who was quite obviously p1ssed (and had been talking to strangers in the lounge beforehand, knocking back spirits, singing to himself, demonstrably unfit to fly.) There was a ripple of laughter when he finally left the lounge so I was slightly surprised to see him sitting in 5A when I boarded (he tried to fist-bump me as I walked past). Obviously the crew realised and had to offload him, then it turned out he had a checked bag. Then no jetty on arrival at LHR. I could live with the Club Europe spork if the short-haul operation wasn't a constant, neverending ....show.