FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:54 pm
spainlover

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I've been in a big kerfuffle about where to spend two nights in Barcelona soon -- was between here, Cotton House, and Edition (as many seem to be). Thought about W, beach could be nice (but maybe too cold anyhow in March), but it's just out of the way and we'd like to walk to food. I scratched Cotton House after reading about likely difficulties getting a real suite with a separate living room. Scratched Edition because I'd have to book FHR to get breakfast, and that rate ends up being about $130/night more than the LeM, and because odds of getting a true suite there look slim to none. Currently have a cancellable rate booked at the LeM with SNAs applied and will definitely keep the res if the SNAs clear, but might consider bouncing elsewhere if they don't. Any advice welcome (open to other brands too) -- priorities are (1) location (anywhere in the general area of the LeM is fine), (2) increasing the odds of a proper suite (will have a 9-month-old), and (3) quality onsite breakfast (on the morning of checkout we'll have time to eat breakfast and head to the airport to get to Rome but will be much easier if it's on property; see also, 9-month-old). Current rate is 206 euro/night at the LeM.

Speaking of breakfast, which is why I came here to post initially, any recent reviews on what is on offer? Real eggs, hopefully? (Not just omelets or buffet scrambles?)
I’ve had excellent success with upgrades at LM, though I am Lifetime Titanium so that helps. I stayed 5 nights last fall, 3 paid & 2 award nights. I put in SNAs for a couple nights but was upgraded to corner suite for all 5 nights, as well as given bottle of wine on arrival, bottle of cava and cake on my birthday, & good luck & congratulation wishes for running Barcelona Marathon. I’ve seen other reports of less likely to get upgraded but I’ve always had good luck at LM. If ruling out Edition & Cotton House, Renaissance Barcelona would be the only other option in the general area.
I almost never have breakfast at hotels so can’t comment on their breakfast, but can say I like Restaurant Elisabets 2 blocks away (also right on a lovely plaza with a playground and numerous cafes on the plaza), Bar Lobo half a block from the Le Meridien & amazing pastries at Choc - 2 locations within 3 blocks

if considering other brands, Casa Camper a few blocks from LM is very nice and there are 2 Room-Mate Hotels within a few blocks of Plaça Cataluña that I think allow you to book suited.