FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:50 am
canopus27

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xX Hope Xx
I would like to know if the status pass will work if I add it to a reservation that has a transit "layover" with the first leg the flight is operated by Air Canada and the other leg is operated by another Star Alliance carrier. For example:Flight from Montreal to Munich via Toronto (YUL - YYZ - MUC)YUL - YYZ operated by Air CanadaYYZ - MUC operated by Lufthansa Will the status pass applied to the booking? Getting the three complimentary bags and accessing the Mable Leaf Lounge at Toronto Airport?

I couldn't find any detailed terms and conditions on the Aeroplan website
My cousin is in a very similar state ... flying YYC-FRA on AC, then FRA-ATH on LH.

I know that the status pass will get her into the YYC lounge, but it's unclear if it will also get her into the FRA lounge during her layover (which would obviously be a huge bonus, to have a shower after the overnight flight). It's kinda a middle ground from the above posts, because she will have a departing flight (operated by LH but booked as an AC reward on 014 stock), so it's not really "access on arrival" ... and the FRA lounge is an MLL lounge, so the status pass should be valid for that ...

What do you think? I don't see any posts of similar experiences above (the quoted post is the same state, but there were no responses to that).

If there's no way for her to get FRA access, then I'll probably just give her an MLL guest pass for YYC ... but if it's possible to get into FRA during the layover, then that warrants the status pass ...