FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award leg in business changed to economy, with business seats?!
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:05 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dtremit
Running into something strange — I placed an award on hold yesterday, HND-JFK on JL connecting to JFK-BOS on AA. The JFK-BOS leg (which is on an A321T, if it matters here) was shown throughout the booking process as business (I'm pretty sure it showed U) and I was able to select seats in business.

However, my confirmation email and the AA website show that segment in economy. The email says the reservation is in T, and the website shows a $0 charge for Main Cabin Extra. The seat reservations in the J cabin are still there, though.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there something I should clarify with the agent before ticketing the reservation? Obviously it's not a huge deal on a 40 minute flight, but I'd rather sit in the nicer seats after a transpacific flight.
AA does not sell Business Class on the BOS-JFK route. On flights operated with a three-class aircraft, Main Cabin Extra seats include those in the 2x2 cabin that is sold as "Business" on routes where Business Class is offered.

Have you checked your seat assignment on the seat map for your BOS-JFK flight?