FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bringing frozen medicine on long international flight?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyingSloth

Bringing frozen medicine on long international flight?

I've never had this problem before because this is new for me. I had a major complication from an eye surgery gone wrong and long story short I'm on some eye drops now that need to be kept frozen or you know shouldn't be outside of the freezer for more than two hours

My first thought is oh crap it looks like i will not be able to travel with the drops but then i started to wonder whether it's possible.

For international flights would most big carriers help a passenger out with this kind of request with putting the small box of frozen eye drops in their on board freezer?

Or alternatively would it work with security, etc. to bring a small cooler with dry ice in it? Where do you even buy dry ice, ive never bought it before. I guess that would be the best option and it would be self sufficiant although it would be another thing to carry and i already have a carry on and personal object.. and I'm not sure whether security allows this at airports around the world.

Does anyone have information or experience with this?

Mods feel free ro move this to a better forum if necessary.. i only have half my vision