FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PDBs Coming Back? (anecdotes, experiences)
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:41 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
No dice. After boarding completed with time to spare, I asked the FA... "Are you doing drinks?" She says "no, we're not doing them." I say, "I thought they came back on the 16th?" She says, "no, not on this plane. But I love a predeparture when I'm traveling! 20 minutes..." I said, "ok, fiiine... I was looking forward to it!" She said, "Yeah, I don't know why we're not doing them!
I know it was announced that hot meals will return to regional later than mainline, but not sure why that would affect PDBs, unless they need time to add additional drinks to the catering carts, or something like that. I wonder whether the regional FAs have received the same directives as the mainline FAs.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
ETA: 0 for 2. Boarded mainline CLT-PWM (thankfully towards the end) and initially rejoiced at the sight of cups in F pax's hands... when I asked for a Woodford, though, I was swiftly met with "water, OJ, or apple juice"

What is the point.
The water/OJ PDB service has always been mystifying... I don't know where AA flight attendants ever got the idea that people want to sip fruit juice before their evening flights.

I've seen the water, red wine, white wine tray a few times over the years... that's more like it.