FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is correct procedure for screening photo paper?
Old Nov 17, 2004, 1:29 am
jonesing

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
For routine imagery, we air express undeveloped film back to our facility. For sensitive pictures, we hand-carry and always have TSA hand inspect the film...of course the fact that the film is transported inside a Sima Corp FilmShield XPF 20 lead bag kinda forces a hand inspection of the film: the bag appears as a solid black (or red depending on the scanner) object.

I also use it for personal travels and only once had someone complain that I should put the film canisters in a clear plastic baggie. I've even traveled internationally with the Sima bag and have had no complaints when asking for a hand inspection. I haven't had too much experience with photo paper as we either don't take it along or someone else usually handles them. As far as I know, they requested a hand check (swab) and impressed upon the screener the need to keep the pouch sealed. The screener just treated it like a sealed FedEx envelope, swabbed it and sent us on our way.