FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reached that point with BA
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:29 pm
aristoph

Reached that point with BA

We are off to SA on safari in a couple of weeks (yay!) and have Avios flights in J with a 2-4-1 on BA. Tonight I booked LX/LH business class for hard cash (well, additional hard cash given the charges on BA redemptions these days) and plan to cancel the BA flights. Am I crazy?

The thought of the BA flight was just a drag on my excitement for the holiday. An A380 with OCW. Probably delayed looking at the recent flight history, and reading the threads on here as they are now “hangar queens”. The awful food we experienced on our flights to ANU over Christmas. And on our flight to SEA in July. And that you are all posting in the thread on here. The crew lottery. Knowing that even if they are nice it will take them 2 hours at least to start serving dinner after a 10pm departure while Y will be fed and falling asleep. The certainty of an overheated cabin. And the arrival at T5C on a Monday morning, the 30 minute slog to immigration and taking another hour plus to get our bags back, off last despite being in J.

I’m a GCH with BA and feel totally disloyal to them right now. I’ve reached the point where I don’t care how many Avios or 2-4-1 vouchers I have, I just want a nice flight to begin and end my holiday, and yes something different. I have no status or miles with Star, and I won’t be surprised if I’m back with my tail between my legs, but I’ve reached that point with BA.

Last edited by aristoph; Feb 20, 2022 at 3:43 pm