FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 Luggage Delays
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2022, 8:51 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA will get the bags to you, whereever you are. I sometimes recount the scenario I saw once of someone travelling from EDI to LHR and then going on to West Falklands - BA got the bags there even though the traveller had paid only about £60 to get to London.

There isn't a set limit for essential replacements, but I would certainly get your insurers informed, you may need their money and BA's. You can claim replacement hire of skis and equipment, there is a total limit per passenger of about £1,300 per person. BA won't normally go beyond this, but they have been known to do so in out of court settlements. In a sense I am not sure the question arises - would you do nothing until the bags arrive if there was zero reimbursement? Surely not, so just proceed as if there was zero reimbursement but claim anyway.