FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:53 pm
WildcatYXU

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gcashin
Yeah, it's kinda tempting, which is absolutely crazy to think that the rules are so lopsided that it may encourage people to get COVID so they know they can get home and don't get stuck somewhere on vacation.

But also, most provinces don't offer PCR tests for the general public any more so it's not quite as easy to get a PCR in Canada. Private clinics that do travel testing are supposed to be only for asymptomatic testing, so if you have symptoms, technically you shouldn't be going to a private clinic to get a travel test. Not quite as simple as it was a couple months ago when PCR tests were the routine way to confirm if you have COVID.
I ordered a RT-LAMP test from Switch Health when I got sick and the antigen tests given to me at the testing site confirmed Covid. I used it last Friday coming back from California. It was accepted without any problems when checking in at SNA and during the document check at SFO.