FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:17 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I am on my way back from Rome to Newark. The lunch is filet mignon with a brown sauce, a salad with oranges on it, steamed vegetables, and boiled potato fingers, along with a dinner roll. Dessert was treacle toffee ice cream.

Everything was excellent. BUT- if you are a purist about steak, you may not like this filet. It was super-well done. CDC level well done. Stick the meat thermometer into the steak and it explodes well done.

The effect of this is that on the one hand, the steak has an extremely strong, beefy flavor. Almost like a gourmet hamburger and far more flavorful than filets normally are. On the other hand, it is extremely tough, which isn't what you are used to with a filet. I liked it but I bet some steak lovers might not.
Thats why I typically go for the chicken on the way back and have the beef on the way there (since there is no chicken choice and) short rib is hard to screw up, though where there's a will, there's a way.