FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrades on Delta, the Definitive Thread
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:07 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
Asking for my partner, who is not on Flyertalk. Is it impossible for a Silver Medallion with a companion to upgrade from Comfort Plus on an international flight JFK-FCO to Premium Select or Delta One? I suspect he doesn't have enough miles, even if he could. He only has 140,000 miles so not many. We have already requested First class upgrades from RDU-JFK, not a big deal. but would be nice. Upgrades on JFK-FCO are showing as "not available" or something similar. I suspect it's the fare code and/or it's just not possible to upgrade from Comfort Plus with his status, and with a companion.

Not at all a big deal, just curious because I manage everything, although we did book the flight together since we used his Delta Amex and my eCredit.
I wouldn't expect a FO and non-status companion to get FC upgrades on RDU-JFK and vv.