FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:07 pm
J. Leslie

Programs: Aeroplan AA
Originally Posted by PetrozzaFam
I tried doing the exact same yesterday at Pearson. I had a long conversation with a police officer who actually told me she agrees with me and does not condone anything that they are doing at the airport with regards to testing post arrival. She would not let me leave however unless I took a ticket for $6000 or did a test. And when I told her that no one would pay that ticket she said I am exactly right no one pays the ticket. But I figured if I’m going to fight or file to fight a ticket in court or do a Covid test I’m participating in their theatre either way. So I did the test but caused a bit of a ruckus and I think that’s what more people need to do so that they eventually get fed up and drop all the BS
When I did that at YYC in December, there were no police...just some unidentified dude in a yellow vest. No threat of a ticket or anything like that. I don't think Alberta is enforcing the Quarantine Act, but it looks like Ontario is. You're right - either way, it's theatre.