FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate & Future Flight Credit {Archive}
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:41 pm
kohswisscheese

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Had an odd one yesterday. I've had a FFC in my account since the 2020s -- reflected in my account as US$900+ ever since they started showing up on united.com. This amount is reflected on My United under Travel Credits, and also appears in the Checkout Page as a travel credit. If I select the credit it is applied to the fare as US$900+.

Tried to book a trip with this yesterday. The website errored out (not unusual given Singapore POS) so I held the itinerary using the "pay in person" option which I was previously told to do. Called 1K desk which saw and acknowledged the US$900+ credit but priced out the itinerary differently from what was on my new PNR (US$1000+ vs US$800+). Agent couldn't take the FFC on the old PNR and apply it to the new PNR so I suggested converting to ETC and applying it that way.

Here's where it gets weird. Agent calls supervisor to convert to ETC and is told the FFC value is in fact US$325. Said something about ticket being partially used. Quite a shock -- shouldn't this have been factored into the FFC value shown on the website?

Was told the conversion cannot be reversed and that original flight was >12 months back so can't rebook the same origin and destination without repricing. Told to contact customer care, agent agreed it was odd since he was prepared to process US$900+ FFC on the US$1000+ fare.

I wrote to 1K Voice but wanted to ask if FTers here have encountered similar situations where FFC dollar values are appearing wrongly on united.com... And I guess fair warning that what you see might not be what you apparently have!