FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Force complimentary upgrade to premium out of exit rows?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:30 am
John26

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
I’ve also found it annoying that I cannot tell AS to upgrade me from an exit row, though honestly as a Gold with one free drink I often prefer the exit seats.
I mostly book exit rows and wasn't aware of the no automatic premium class upgrade policy until I found this thread. I am wondering, does booking an exit row inhibit upgrades to First Class in any way? I am MVPG if it's relevant.

Also, if you are MVPG or higher (and thus already getting priority boarding similar to Premium Class and a free drink), what is the appeal of Premium Class compared to an aisle seat in row 17 (which reclines and has more space)? Other than the free snack and being a bit closer to the front to deplane / make connections / 2 minutes more lounge time, am I missing something? I don't find the exit row to be a colder temperature and when others need to use the lav I can swing my legs out of their way if the seatbelt sign is on. Am I missing something?