FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:10 am
st530

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
UA 46 IAH-FRA 10 Feb 700 pm 772 seat 9A

This was the beta “expanded” meal service. Menu available on app/.bomb as discussed above. Separate drink/nuts (semi-warm) served pre-main. For the main I chose the salmon which was nicely presented in a bowl instead of the unappealing (to me) casserole dish. And yes there was a breadbasket! Only pretzel and white rolls but they were warm and the FA made multiple passes. For the dessert, we were shown a tray with all three options. I asked if it was possible to get more than one and FA seemed unsure so she gave me just the “sundae” to start, then returned a few mins later with the egg custard tart. I had the latter while waiting for the “sundae” to cease being rock hard, which, alas, never happened, even after 30 minutes. It was almost like what one would picture as NASA ice cream. Eventually I managed to scrape off the chocolate topping and had a few spoonfuls of that before calling it a night.

For breakfast, got the oats and, as others have observed, they’re great with lots of berries and nuts atop.

All that said, if this turns out to be the new normal, it’s a big drop-off from pre-pandemic (which itself was a big drop-off from the initial Polaris rollout).