FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:22 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Mama
Off topic, I really don't understand why the airport has to keep terminal A and G separated. Both terminals are in the same building, just different wings. They could make a walk inside the building.
They do connect on the first floor where both funnel into the international baggage claim/customs inspection area. However that isn't useful at all to departing customers.

On the second level they are separated by the massive international checkin area so SFO would have to add a special corridor on the airport side of the terminal post-security (as opposed to the curbside dropoff area) to make this happen. Or perhaps build a wall on that side of the checkin area but that would reduce the area that people use to walk to the security checkpoint.

I doubt it is a high priority as I don't think there are many international-to-international connections as opposed to O/D and international <-> domestic connections.