FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:55 am
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Spock77
Hello. I'm looking at doing a TP run taking advantage of the deal that seems to be running for US flights out of Spain. Probably something like BCN-LON-NYC-LAX-LAS. I have a few questions, please.

1. Can anyone advise on the parameters of the sale fare (dates, conditions, how long it is likely to run, etc.)?
2. How I can find out the cheapest date to fly? I'm flexible on dates and have been fiddling about with ITA Matrix, but it's laborious to keep checking multiple dates and I'm sure there must be an easier way to find the cheapest departure date.
3. Can anyone suggest a better routing that would get me more TPs?
1. The best price has an 180-day advance purchase requirement. There is a slightly more expensive (~£1,450 rtn) with 120-days. Nobody knows how long it's going to last, it's been here a while but that's no indication. Transatlantic flights will usually be Tue-Thu out and Mon-Wed back. You will need a Saturday night stateside.
2. There is a dropdown menu which by default says Search exact dates. Change it to Calendar of lowest fares. You can use ranges in the Duration bit (so 0-4 would be zero to four nights for example). That'll give you 30 days from the date you pick.
3. Start with AGP-HEL-LON if you are looking to maximise the number of TPs, but the first flight is 5 hours overnight in a short-haul plane, so not ideal. You might get an A350 on the HEL-LHR flight to catch up on some sleep though.

Last edited by alex67500; Feb 9, 2022 at 12:06 pm