FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles and infant tickets
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:34 am
mlqsko

Originally Posted by acesh1gh
Just as an update, I was never able to get my issue resolved. Tried HUCA Austrian multiple times, different offices around the word, and never was able to get them to agree to purchase a lap infant ticket. Contacted a couple different travel agents, and ended up using one connected with Frosch, I explained the situation and they did a little bit of work seeing if they could resolve the issue from their end. They were not able to and also tried reaching out to Austrian and Avianca, who both refused to budge.

After this, I decided to just rebook one ticket of my reservation (I originally had 4 tickets booked) through a different program, namely Air Canada. At this point, no Business seats (I) were shown as available for booking. I called LM, cancelled one ticket, paid the $200 cancellation fee, and got the LM back in my account instantly. As soon as I cancelled, EF immediately showed up to 9 (I) tickets available for booking. I transferred over some miles to Air Canada, and was able to easily book a ticket for one adult and one lap infant. The lap infant cost an extra 2500 miles.

So I managed to achieve what I needed, just in a very roundabout and frustrating way. I will use this as a lesson to never use LM to book something I want to add a lap infant to. It is just not worth the frustration in my experience.
You must have been really, really unlucky. Adding an infant is not an easy task but definitely not impossible, but hey at least little one travels in lap for 10% (or less). Enjoy it while it lasts. Mine was infant in lap during the worst of the pandemic (zero travel) and he is +1 seat now.