FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:41 am
MP001

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
​​​​​​I've been chasing every 2-3 weeks for payment - the latest was an email that said my payment has been approved again and to expect it within 14 days. Of course the 14 days timeline came and went, but no payment was received.

Shockingly today I received an email that effectively said "You have either received your compensation payment, or this has been donated to charity as of a certain date" and therefore this "concludes your case, and we will now close your file".

Indeed PGMBM previously tried to pay to me, but either they or Shieldpay got my account details wrong, so payment was returned by my bank - now they claim to have paid or otherwise would donate my portion to charity! How ridiculous.

Has anyone had any luck raising a malpractice complaint against this firm, if so please share?

Ironically the end of today's email contained a horrifying statement that "... we hope you will consider using PGMBM’s services in future." Just crazy.
Shieldpay is umbelievable. I have been chasing several times and been requested to send statements etc. I never really had meaningful follow up from this company until when i left a review on trustedpilot. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not but after 24 hours of my review i received an email with apologies and reasonable follow up on my previous situation. Still too early to say as payment has not been received yet but i had a confirmstion email yesterday that everything is in order and i will be paid when they will send next batch.
Not holding my breath...