FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:46 am
Unitedloyalflyer

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by PACLipper
I have UA Club Access twice a year due to the Chase Visa affinity card, but after this trip, I am strongly considering blowing my miles and canceling that card. If the F service I had on this trip from Chicago to Honolulu to Washington Dulles is "closely aligns with Polaris service," then my September flight to Munich on UA metal (I am returning via FRA to catch the 747 on LH) is of concern. The catering on this F flight was Gross, and the catering from Chicago O'Hare was not much better (I was served nuts from ORD, but not from HNL). I was looking forward to the sorbet someone had mentioned this past summer in these forums on UA F Hawaii, but it was missing completely. White rice is of poor nutritional value and at breakfast? Gross! It may be popular cuisine in Hawaii, but not for me. Had I known white rice was served with both meals, I would not have selected them. Of course, UA does not provide menus, not in F, and not in its once esteemed Polaris service, either, from what I have read on FlyerTalk. I will not put my $$ toward UA F to HI again. Flagship Hawaii passengers can avail themselves of the AA Flagship Lounge at DFW when it reopens this spring, and access is provided to the Admirals Club in the interim. Would UA ever provide comparable access to the Polaris lounge at either IAD or EWR? AA Flagship Hawaii is superior to UA F on long-distance Mainland routes in terms of both service and catering. Bill Patterson would be ashamed of such service (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_A._Patterson).
I had those meals from Hawaii in December. Thought they were quite good. The Katsu, while not as good as I had a couple of nights before at Cheesecake Factory on Waikiki, was still rather good. The eggs dish was very good.

Going from IAH to HNL, the breakfast was the Polaris choices of french toast or the quiche. Teriyaki burger was also very good pre arrival.

If anything, the food to Hawaii seems > the Polaris food these days

Yes, the lack of the premium lounge is a big deal. AA could make some gains with premium pax at ORD as a result of this

As for William Patterson... this isn't that United. This is Texas International Airlines, dba CO dba UA. Frank Lorenzo is still involved and blocked Gordon Bethune from becoming chairman a few years ago

https://www.thestreet.com/opinion/le...ental-13493307