FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United to Hawaii in First Class - What to Expect?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:19 pm
ExplorerWannabe

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PACLipper

F dinner aboard UA 344, HNL-IAD. The bread was served warm. I don't know what this salad was. UA piled on the white rice, as they did with the eggs the following morning at breakfast. I was thankful for the broccoli. The chicken was past dry, hence the sauce in the package. Service was efficient, with pre-departure water or champagne, albeit in plastic blue cups. Luggage was waiting for me at the carrousel, which is always welcomed. Prefer AA Flagship Hawaii service but you do have to change planes from Washington for that, and I think the inconvenience is worth it. AA is serving sundaes again on their Flagship Hawaii flights. Such a small, but welcome, thing. You can also pre-order your meal in advance, a feature not yet available to Hawaii (at least on my flights). AA provides menus as well, with nuts. UA had served nuts from ORD, but they were missing on UA 344. If you have to change in DFW, you have complimentary access to the Admirals Club, and after it has reopened, the Flagship Lounge.

Breakfast, F, UA 344, IAD-HNL
Thanks for posting your pictures. Those are the same meals I got on UA 383, HNL-DEN, on Jan 22 if the sauce in the foil container is Japanese curry. My broccoli was still bright green so not overdone like yours. The guava cake was good -- not Liliha Bakery good but Foodland or Times good.