FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:20 pm
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
DL Initiated 3 hr Change but still must have new ug inventory

For two weeks running, DL has made a mess of a simple schedule: OKC-ATL-JFK-LHR. The original ticket was purchased 11/4/21 using GUCs.
Last week, there was a 3 hour change with the ATL-JFL flight, but rather than put me on OKC-ATL-LHR, they messed around and I now arrive later in LHR than is helpful for my onward travel out of the LHR airport.
Today, I do not know how many minutes were involved with ATL-JFK schedule change, but now I have 16 minutes to connect at ATL coming in from OKC and on to JFK.
The agent talked to someone in international changes (we disconnected and she called maybe 2 hours later) and said they would not put me on the direct flight due to the absence of ug inventory.
So when did DL change the policy that if they make a change as big as 3 hours they will not change the code and clear me into the best connection? Apparently the only thing that says my current schedule is that JFK-LHR still has ug inventory and they want me to be glad they are not charging me the PS fare (it is open jaw coming back from FCO that has direct flights).
In the past, we had changes that 'worked to our advantage'. Now, they are telling me to sit on this and see what happens since ATL-JFK flights appear to be changing almost every weekend now.