View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:10 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Travellingberry
Hi TBS,

I'm also heading back to the Conrad in early March. Is the Expo really worth it as haven't made the effort yet to go but thinking might use one day this time to go?

Cheers

Hi,

I was there in late November/early December and spending part of 3 days there and loved it and did not see anywhere near half of it. The architecture is amazing and a lot of the exhibits are fascinating ( ie Singapore has walkway through greenery like the Gardens in the Bay and the Netherlands gave out umbrellas onto which images were projected. A lot of the smaller pavillions had cultural displays ( ie Bhutan, Solomon islands) with citizens from those countries willing to talk about their culture ( and the smaller pavillions were less visited so they had more time to talk to you . In addition there are foods from around the world and the shows. Night time is supposed to be excellent with the pavillions and the plaza illuminated. Some pavillions are better than others ( I found Bahrain a bit of a dissappointment with a large pavillion but few displays but Singapore, France ,China, New Zealand very good) but overall it is excellent. . It is about 1 hour door to door from the Conrad using the metro ( nice views of dubai enroute) and lots of walking involved. It finishes at the end of March and worthwhile going. . I did find all the walking did tire you so by mid afternoon ( I arrivied aobut 1030am) I was getting tired so went back to the pool at the conrad so did not see it at night

There is dedicated thread in the Middle east forum for some more info.;
Expo 2020 Dubai UAE

Regards

TBS