FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated EWR connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Feb 5, 2022, 1:14 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
UA just changed my flight from BNA to EWR so that I now arrive an hour later at 6:29PM. That gives me a 70 minute connection for my EWR-FRA departure at 7:40. I am in J. I said ok to the change but wondering if it would make sense to get an earlier flight into EWR. This is on a Saturday in late May.

I know 70 minutes is doable if all goes well, but, who knows if all goes well. Would UA let me change to an earlier flight into EWR? Can I do it online, or do I need to call? This was a paid reservation (not an award ticket). I’m in no rush, and would like to enjoy the Polaris lounge, although I would have about a 5 hour layover instead of a 70 minute one. What would you do?
The website might let you do it, if you just try changing flights (should show $0 change option), but it's been quite a few months since that worked for me.

If the website doesn't offer the change, I've never had pushback calling in to ask for the longer layover after a schedule update. If an agent says no, just say thanks and call again.

I would also prefer the 5h layover to the 70min one.