FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles and infant tickets
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:57 am
mlqsko

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
damn... .so I think I made some progress but I'm not sure even I can replicate it. I called the Singapore Lufthansa Call Center and explained to them that I wanted to purchase an infant lap seat then they proceeded to ask for the details and then asked me for my booking reference. The agent then gave me the "go talk to avianca" verbage at which point i politely and calmly explained that I already spoke to AV and they don't have access to infant seating on the operating carrier and even in the past it was always Lufthansa who assigned my babys infant seat. The agent was nice enough to go find out and came back after a long time and started asking me for my credit card details and gave my the price quote. He then told me the support staff will finish this up and I should get an email soon. After a few hours, I checked my CC statement and saw the charge was pending so that was a positive however, I didn't receive an email. I manually went to the LH website put in my booking code and saw that the infants name is now reflected along with a ticket number. Still waiting on an email from them to be 100% sure but this was my experience so don't lose hope just yet?
Email may never come, but if you see the infant with its own ticket #, you should be good. Especially when you have your card charged. I'd call the operating carrier (other office) again to confirm all is good.