FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles and infant tickets
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:54 am
unkn0wns0ldier

Originally Posted by acesh1gh
I have not tried a travel agent yet. I'm still skeptical anyone is able to just do this themselves, even a travel agent. I feel like there has to be some interaction with the carrier. And I feel like they are gonna run into the same issues as us when they try and do it. I know travel agents have a lot of experience, but I feel like there can't be many that have ever dealt with LM bookings on international partner awards, let alone trying to add an infant to it.

Just spent another hour on the phone with Austrian this morning, and another 2 hours with Avianca. Still not able to make any progress. I tried asking Austrian to book a new revenue reservation for just myself and my infant, not mentioning my current reservation. They were able to quote me 439 EUR for the ticket, which was exactly 10% of the cash price, so I felt like I was making some progress. When it came time to book the ticket, I asked if they could just issue the infant ticket, and making my ticket a ghost (GK) or passive (PK) segment (Yes, I've been reading through the Amadeus User Manual this morning). They said I need to pay for an adult ticket in order to issue the infant ticket. That's when I mentioned I had a separate booking, they ask for the booking reference, see it is issued by Avianca, and proceed to tell me they are unable to issue the infant ticket, and that Avianca will have to do it. They said they added notes to my booking describing the procedure for Avianca.

Struggled connecting with an agent with Avianca, described the issue, and had multiple agents and supervisor tell me they can't do it. I'm really at a loss.
damn... .so I think I made some progress but I'm not sure even I can replicate it. I called the Singapore Lufthansa Call Center and explained to them that I wanted to purchase an infant lap seat then they proceeded to ask for the details and then asked me for my booking reference. The agent then gave me the "go talk to avianca" verbage at which point i politely and calmly explained that I already spoke to AV and they don't have access to infant seating on the operating carrier and even in the past it was always Lufthansa who assigned my babys infant seat. The agent was nice enough to go find out and came back after a long time and started asking me for my credit card details and gave my the price quote. He then told me the support staff will finish this up and I should get an email soon. After a few hours, I checked my CC statement and saw the charge was pending so that was a positive however, I didn't receive an email. I manually went to the LH website put in my booking code and saw that the infants name is now reflected along with a ticket number. Still waiting on an email from them to be 100% sure but this was my experience so don't lose hope just yet?