FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:48 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Based on the charts from DL internal process, the agent you got was definitely confusing domestic configs: GUC to FC = J, GUC to D1 = Z. I commented on this yesterday. It seems DL's complex reissue process for GUC/RUC relies mostly on agent following the rules/instructions. Automation does not seem to stop them. So if they wrongly think you can use J space (because they don't realize its a D1 flight) then when they force the manual reissue, you won. In this case, the website was correct, your flight didn't have Z so it wasn't available, the other flights were, and the agent was wrong. But you won, so yay!!!

On the reissued ticket, does it show your upgraded flight as class OV or OK?
I believe the one check and balance in this is the ticket reissue process, so it's possible this could get caught during that process if it hasn't already been reticketed. Though I don't know if the reticketing agent would be able to see all of the necessary details to know there was an issue, and hopefully even if they could there's a chance they'd go ahead and clear it anyway since the traveler was not at fault.