FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:50 pm
spartacus81

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone have experience with the mandatory test-and-quarantine if you've been outside of Canada/USA in the past 14 days?

I heard one data-point where for a fully-vaccinated family, all but one had "I" on their ArriveCan receipts. The other one was "A". The "A" had to do the test and quarantine until the results came in. The "I"s did not.

There's a trip to Canada I want to take within 14 days of being in Dublin, and if I can actually tell before boarding my flight whether I'll likely have to do the test and quarantine, then I'm willing to take the risk. The trip is not long enough to handle any length of quarantine.
The "A" on the ArriveCan receipt stands for "QR Authenticated", I got it last time when I uploaded my Canadian qr-code vaccine certificate. I previously got "I" when using non-qr code vaccination proof. So I don't think the code has anything to do with random arrival testing, most likely just a coincidence.