FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:58 am
jeepie

Why did I receive this email from Marriott stating ineligibility?

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
We apologize for any confusion regarding which stays originating from American Express sources are eligible for points and stay accrual. We hope the following guidance clears up any confusion. American Express operates several hotel reservation services and websites. If you made your reservation directly through the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program or the American Express Hotel Collection, and the hotel is not one of a handful of excluded properties noted below, then your reservation is eligible for accrual. If you made your reservation through any other American Express Travel or any other online travel channel, then your reservation is not eligible for accrual. To clarify our rules as provided in the Marriott Bonvoy Terms and Conditions:

The following reservation types are eligible for accrual in the Marriott Bonvoy program provided that a Qualifying Rate is paid:
• Reservations made directly with Marriott, including Marriott.com, the Marriott Bonvoy app, Marriott engagement centers and on-property
• Reservations made directly with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts website and call center; Reservations made directly with American Express The Hotel Collection
• Reservations made with corporate negotiated rates and Government negotiated rates booked through authorized corporate-rate and government-rate channels

The following reservation types are not eligible for accrual in the Marriott Bonvoy program
• Reservations made through amextravel.com, travel.americanexpress.com, membershipewards.com, global.americanexpress.com/rewards.
• Reservations made through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third-party channel including, without limitation, expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, travelocity.com, etc.
• In addition, stays at select properties are never eligible for Marriott Bonvoy accrual even if they are booked through an eligible channel. These include St Regis Residence Club properties, Bulgari Hotels and Resorts, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties, and any individual properties listed in section 1.2 of the Marriott Bonvoy Program Terms and Conditions.

If you have been denied stay credit for a reservation that you believe was booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts or the Hotel Collection, please contact American Express to confirm how your reservation was processed by their agents or web service. As a reminder, always ensure that your Marriott Bonvoy account number is included when you make your reservation or verify the number upon checking in at the hotel.
Hello, I am checking in today to The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection hotel, under the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and a prepaid reservation. I received an email from them offering early checkin, but it stated at the bottom, “Please be aware that this reservation is not eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy® reward points or hotel stay credits.” This does not seem correct to me. I would appreciate your coaching on this. I have always received normal Bonvoy points and stay credits for FH&R stays. I am an Ambassador level member, in case that matters. Thank you.