FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:31 pm
fodenben

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's probably best I refer you to this thread which has a number of 50% Avios tales in it
Ticket validity.

I know it's water under the bridge, and I've said this a few times over already, but just in case there is anyone else in this area. It really is best not to rebook trips unless you are near certain to travel on the new dates, since you remove one core argument: BA have to offer a rebooking on cancellation. Making "maybe" rebookings means that BA can say "ah yes, we have rebooked you, and now you have run out of validity", whereas if you had simply left it and BA had never offered the rebooking then they are clearly in breach of EC261. As it happens they are still in breach of EC261 for the more recent cancellation too, but I suspect you will now struggle to get BA internally to agree, short of getting an agent who just lets it slide. I personally think you would have an argument under CEDR or MCOL, more details in the main EC261 thread via the BA Forum Dashboard, my feeling is that MCOL would be a better bet. But it's not going to be an easy process, and BA have very little incentive to make it easy either.
Thank you for your reply. I was happy to rebook for the 27th April until the church decided that my sons communion will be that weekend! As my return flight was cancelled, I thought it might be easier to negotiate with BA rather than the church!

Not sure if this would be worth arguing with BA, but the flights they are happy to book me on, on my original dates, are double the price of the new date I would like to travel! Is that worth mentioning?