FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Peninsula Papagayo (Costa Rica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:24 am
livetwice

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Its not just you lol. This property wasnt able to justify my 20K points stay I had, and it doesnt deliver the experience for a 700/night property either. Most of the folks at this property used points. Very few if any paid the outrageous cash rates. Rate goes down to 400/night during the intense summer days. Still not worth it at that price.

go off property to the 4seasons for your dining needs. Read the posts on the last page which covers why F&B here blows.
Gertjaars - Why did you say it's "highly doubtful" the property would give me a suite upgrade as a Globalist traveling with a family? I'd like to understand why you think they gave you the upgrade as a solo traveler and not others traveling in a group before I pull the trigger on a cash upgrade in advance of my stay. Normally I would roll the dice and ask for an upgrade at checkin like you but if you think they're more friendly to solo travelers for some reason, that would be good to know. Thanks.