FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:23 pm
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by libuser
some more tidbits since we just checked out. It rained a couple of days and after the rain there were tons of rat sightings around the island. I could tell they sprayed something each day but those were New York subway big rats and we saw them daily. We also saw cockroaches(I am talking big 2 inch) in the spa/restaurant area. Thankfully we definitely saw them spraying chemicals so while we saw less and less roaches each day, rats were still seen every day.
Some of the free activities now cost $$. The kayaks are $20 per person per hour. In addition they raised the prices for the underwater fans, those are now $80 per hour.

Also when we departed talked to the GM, they have not had a positive covid case since COVID started so if someone told you they had positive case they are probably talking about another resort. My question to the GM was that if we tested positive, he would comp the room until we recovered and we would not be liable for any food expenses.

I will certainly return, we had a great time.
Thanks for the update.

Rat sightings like that is truly gross and disgusting. Definitely not something we like to see anywhere let alone at a high end resort in the Maldives. That's really a turn off for me . I'm glad to hear that you nevertheless had a great time and I hope they take care of this problem.

Just to clarify regarding isolation for someone who tests positive for covid, did the manager confirm that the room and food would be comped until recovery? So no need for covid travel insurance if you come here? I wasn't sure based on your wording if this is the case. I'm guessing recovery time means whatever the minimum isolation period is at that time regardless if the person actually has symptoms and needs to really recover or is symptom free and just needs to isolate.