FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The WHO now recommends lifting travel bans.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:25 am
jcmalcolm

Originally Posted by mtofell
Something tells me I won't find this on the front page of my local newspaper. Or, any news source for that matter.

I'd say fear and control are what run a good portion of our country. Tyrants want to control..... and, for some reason I've never been able to figure out, some people just love to have something to be scared of. The US is so safe these days that it's as if we've run out of problems. So we fabricate them. I laugh at the thought of our weak society facing real problems like our grandparents did. If you can't solve it with an app a good portion of us would be dead.
This particular study was forwarded by a US Harvard educated MD /Mayo clinic who I consult with sometimes. It has been in the news. In South Africa, where I lived through the wildly overblown and severe lockdown, now it's widely accepted and acknowledged that no good came out of it and it's over -as in the UK
In the EU and US we still see some trying to justify, for reasons you suggest. Politicians (and much of the panic-media) hate to admit they were wrong.