FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2022 master thread)
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:03 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Raralith
Wife and I want to visit NYC fall or winter this year, we're very flexible on time, I'm PlatPro and she has no status since she doesn't fly. What are the chances of us booking any LAX-JFK flight MC and upgrading to J? There are loads of flights so is there one to target? Or are the flights too full that it rarely ever happens? Anyway to check history or you need to check daily for availability up until the T72 window?
Far too early to really tell specific loads for 9+ months from now. Some days of the week and flight times are harder than others on this route. As an EXP, I've found Saturdays and midweek easier for upgrades LAX-JFK. Also, the early morning (6am) and late afternoon flights (4pm/5pm) can be easier since there are less pax with international connections on these flights.

-FlyerBeek