FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The WHO now recommends lifting travel bans.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:18 am
sfgiants13

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by t325
They're happy for now, but once they see the western world has moved on and folks can freely travel abroad and return home without a lengthy and expensive quarantine, their attitudes might change. Surely they want to be able to travel abroad for vacation or to visit family and friends. And they want family and friends living abroad to be able to visit them.

China's gonna China, but Japan and Taiwan are democracies. The people living there might eventually get fed up with the restrictions and make their opinions known in the voting booth if the policies don't change.
True. As long as cases were low the chances of them opening were slim but now that Japan has spiked I have a feeling they'll start to loosen up once it comes back down. Purely my opinion of course but you can't close down indefinitely. Even browsing some of the social media sites public opinion is starting to change. I've seen a lot of Koreans that are not pleased that they still have to wear a mask everywhere. Really hoping this is the year places start to open. Maybe the WHO coming out will nudge them but time will tell.