FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current China Entry policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:09 pm
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
Yikes!

I mean, this news seems to be retaliatory action; from what I can tell. China had their reasons for suspension pretty clearly laid out:
"Don't fly a plane full of Covid-19 positive passengers to China, and you can continue to fly (at a reduced rate)."

As harsh and annoying as that strategy may be, I tend to agree here with "Liu Pengyu, a spokesman for the Chinese Embassy in Washington," who "said Friday the policy for international passenger flights entering China has “been applied equally to Chinese and foreign airlines in a fair, open and transparent way.": 4 out of the nine flights that were recently suspended WERE Chinese carrier flights.

This appears as if the two opposing parties are of unequal intellect, and the USA being the unreasonable one here, IMO.
US should require all PRC citizens to fly directly to the US from the PRC, suspend all visas issued to PRC citizens, and only recognize US visas issued after March 2020 (and revoke all visas issued after March 2020 that weren't issued for humanitarian reasons). And this should continue until the stupidity stops on the PRC side. Because reciprocity.

Last edited by STS-134; Jan 21, 2022 at 6:15 pm