FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Singaporean Food
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2004, 1:29 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Most desserts and drinks with coconut milk as the main ingredient don't quite get made the way they are meant to be made outside Asia mainly because they require the coconut milk to be fresh and not canned.

Sometimes I wonder about SQ's boasting of their Gourmet Chefs recipes for their flights (I'm sorry but I don't remember the actual name of this 'group').
Has anyone wondered why there isn't a SINGLE ASEAN chef on the panel? Not as in Asian but Asean.. anyone that is from either Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar. I mean, this is SQ right? What is wrong with promoting SINGAPOREAN or ASEAN talent? Is it better to promote chefs from other places who don't know a thing about Asian tastes? Okay - the chef from HK and Japan doesn't count...

Other airlines like QF and BA.. use chefs from their own homeland.. so what is it about SQ?

I'd like to see something on the menu like..."Mr Tan Ah Kow, Char Kway Teow seller from Rochor Road for 30 years is proud to be the consultant for this exquisite dish with his secrets for today's flight menu".