FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:48 am
raptors2019

Programs: UA
Am I okay? Partner airline re-booking PQP

Hey all, I'm new to Flyertalk so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I booked a flight via AmexTravel from IAD to OPO via FRA on Lufthansa. So the booking was: To: IAD-FRA-OPO Return: OPO-FRA-IAD

Got an email this morning from AmexTravel saying my itinerary was updated and the new itinerary no longer had the the OPO-FRA leg in the return as that flight was cancelled.
New itinerary: To: IAD-FRA-OPO Return: FRA-IAD

I called Lufthansa because I needed to find a way to get to FRA from OPO and they offered to rebook my return journey one day early so now my new routing is exactly the same as before except the return journey is just one day early.

Onto the question!! Will this impact my PQP in any way?! I'm super concerned that because Lufthansa changed the reservation, somehow I wont get PQP for the return journey anymore (even though the routing and everything is exactly the same, just not the date). I called MileagePlus and they said it shouldn't impact my PQP earnings at all, except I've seen some posts on Reddit and Flyertalk saying that some people needed to request Original Routing Credit (not sure if that applies here or not).

Thanks so much!