FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:03 am
TRESY

Programs: Lufthansa senatoe, BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by beofotch
Regrettably in my research I have never seen more than 2 award seats per flight open and when 2 are booked 2 more do not appear just the business award fare bucket goes to zero. We are going on safari from USA to VFA in March as a family of 4 I had to book us 2x one route via IAD-ADD and 2x another route YYZ-ADD to meet in ADD and take our ADD-VFA leg (with 2 being in business and 2 in economy). There was an involuntary schedule change on the YYZ-ADD which would cause us to misconnect and I was able to get ET to open 2x seats incremental on the IAD-ADD to reaccomdate us but it took 5x+ phone calls, begging, asking for supervisors, etc. They also opened 2x business class on the ADD-VFA leg so all 4 of us could be in business class but again this was after begging and pleading for a reaccomodation of their involuntary schedule change they did as a one-time exception/courtesy. This was for an ANA issued award ticket for travel on ET.
beofotch,
Thanks for the reply. Very much as I feared but I hadn't thought of starting at 2 different airports.
My flight is MAN-JRO via ADD but it does stop at BRU to let off/take on passengers. I wonder if I could book 2 biz from MAN and 2 Biz from BRU meaning we are on the same flight. However, as it keeps the same flight number I reckon not possible.

2 people could fly from LHR so a totally different flight number and meet in ADD as you did. Problem will probably occur on the return flights from ZNZ as will all be on the same flight

I guess the problem could be with the return flight from Zanziba (ZNZ)