FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering | First
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:07 am
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by SpurMan
Potatoes and carrots with curry?. Only if they're bombay potatoes thanks. Interesting interpretation of Tikka masala. hope that chapati was hot...
I've got to have that on my next F flight, as I don't eat roast pork, and no way am I having a cauliflower main!
BA seem to be notorious for under catering so to avoid disappointment make sure you mention this early otherwise you'll be stuck with Cauliflower.

In all seriousness, has anyone yet come up with a credible reason why BA stopped/withdrew/enhanced the ability to pre-book meals ex LHR? So far BA have, more than anyone else, hidden behind a whole gamut of excuses for reductions in service - 'because of Covid', health and safety, shortage of staff, lack of supplies, badly designed galleys, etc etc - but of course the main driver, as ever, is the unspoken reason of pure cost cutting. Surely, enabling passengers to choose their mains in advance would assist here with cost cutting (not having to ship excess meals), with the added bonus of cutting waste - hitting those green credentials - so what's not to like? This is especially necessary now that the lack of choice often narrows things down to one desirable option - certainly from the recent menus that I have seen.

Any thoughts welcome.