FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA ticket - how to upgrade on an AA A321 Transcon from J to F
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:32 pm
crazy8534

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I asked someone that on here back in September. They said the upgrade price was US$650 from J to F on the transcon, but 24 hours out the upgrade price was US$250, so they took it. Obviously they were booked through AA to get that offer, so it's no use here, but I imagine the airport price must be around the US$250 range then?

I'm flying next week JFK-LAX on an I ticket booked on the BA codeshare, so my only route to upgrade will be asking at the airport. It will come down entirely to price.
Originally Posted by VSLover
i paid 245 at JFK a few weeks ago and that was to LAX where there were only 2 open seats left just before i headed to the airport, but figured it never hurts to ask...despite never being offered the upgrade at OLCI.
Yeah, I think particularly if you are flying alone it is one of the most cost-effective upgrades available anywhere in the world on any airline.
I am not an AA member but I think it is one F cabin that they don't normally completely pack out with 'elite' upgrades.