FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:39 pm
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by TRESY
In an earlier post someone asked
"F) Has anyone ever seen ET open 2 more award seats or 4 award seats on one of their flights?"
I don't recall seeing an answer. I am looking to book 5 adults to go on Safari from MAN-JRO in August and want to use Miles and More Miles. Availability is showing as 2 Biz seats and plenty of Economy award seats.
If I take the 2 Biz now and wait will ET allow more award seats for LH Senators in the near future?
Regrettably in my research I have never seen more than 2 award seats per flight open and when 2 are booked 2 more do not appear just the business award fare bucket goes to zero. We are going on safari from USA to VFA in March as a family of 4 I had to book us 2x one route via IAD-ADD and 2x another route YYZ-ADD to meet in ADD and take our ADD-VFA leg (with 2 being in business and 2 in economy). There was an involuntary schedule change on the YYZ-ADD which would cause us to misconnect and I was able to get ET to open 2x seats incremental on the IAD-ADD to reaccomdate us but it took 5x+ phone calls, begging, asking for supervisors, etc. They also opened 2x business class on the ADD-VFA leg so all 4 of us could be in business class but again this was after begging and pleading for a reaccomodation of their involuntary schedule change they did as a one-time exception/courtesy. This was for an ANA issued award ticket for travel on ET.