FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1k preparing for a hard rough landing......
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:29 pm
fastfxr

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
I've been 1K with UA for 16 years. Aside from taking 3 months off during the peak of Covid, I've been traveling my usual amount and made 1K in 2020 and 2021. Prior to Covid, I was clearing about 70-80% upgrades, complimentary and using certificates.
Last year though, UA--for whatever reason--just dropped me 5 spots on the upgrade list and I never clear. Not once.
United closed one of DEN's clubs during the height of travel this year, so DEN is an absolute mess to fly through--and I fly through there a LOT.
I fly to numerous destinations, but UA is really putting a pinch on ABQ and ELP (among others), charging $1100 to fly 2 legs in a RJ200 out to ELP. American charges me $350 for F-Class. Guess who I went with?

Slowly no longer chasing status as it's being given away to just about anyone these days, and the guys that fly a ton get shat on. If UA doesn't want my $30-$50K/year spend, I'll give it to those that do.