View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 04, 12:21 am
hongkongtraveller

By the way, you can make it with scallops, shrimp as well. Anyways, getting back to SIA, I had the satay on it a few years ago in business to TPE from SIN with my parents. The satay and the Char Kway Teow served was very good. The Char Kway Teow, however used fishmeat, scallops, and shrimps. It wasn't very oily and very satisfying. I wish there were seconds of satay that time........... By the way, I'm starting to get more lazy, and use just satay marinade I find at supermarkets and the peanut sauce mix. The satay marinade is wonderful, just cut up chicken or beef, leave the meat in the marinade overnight, and then skewer it, and put it in the oven. I cook the peanut sauce by using the mix, 1/2 cup coconut cream, 2 teaspoons oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 table spoons peanut butter (this is my secret). If you're wondering how a 20 year old knows so much about cooking is, I always cook for my parents, and have been able to cook a four course meal for 10 people, Try making Lobster Thermidor, I make it excellent, however, I hate making it, it takes too long, has anyone else made it before?..........

Last edited by hongkongtraveller; Nov 14, 04 at 12:34 am