FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: DL only (2022)
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:59 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
So we can just book any regular Main Cabin ticket with a collection of $250 or less on an Amex, and cancel it 48 hours later for a Delta e-credit correct?
That is what the wiki and all the posted data points say, yes.

If you book something further out you don't even particularly need to cancel it. Changing an unflown ticket is functionally the same as using an eCredit. Then you don't even need to worry about the 48-hour question.

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Has anyone done Pay With Miles yet this year? I'd love to do some 5k redemptions for $50 off of a $250 flight, and then cancel for $250 Delta credits.
Read back a page or two to post #89.

Originally Posted by beachfan
It seems like if you don't have an existing trip credit or travel voucher, the best way to start if one wants to minimize cash outlay is with a $50 gift card.
The only fares sub $50 I've seen are Basic Economy, which has a $99 haircut on the trip credit refund. Any sub $50 regular economy fares out there?
Currently I see LAS-LAX V fares for $39-$49 throughout Feb and March. Do an ITA Matrix calendar search and plug this in for both origin and destination:

SFO, OAK, SJC, STS, MRY, SMF, FAT, SBP, RNO, SBA, BUR, MFR, LAX, GTP, LGB, ONT, SNA, LAS, PSP, SAN, EUG, RDM, BOI, MXL, PDX, SUN, SLC, PVU, PSC, PHX, AZA, IDA, SEA, BFI, PAE, GEG, JAC, TUS, GJT, MSO, BLI, MTJ, BZN, FCA, HMO, BIL

Click on advanced codes and add DL+ for one or more Delta flights and F ~BC=E to suppress basic economy.

I came up with this list by first putting in SFO and then clicking "nearby airports" and arbitrarily picking 1000 miles, plus the mild annoyance of having to manually filter out the MX/CA airports because ITA doesn't let you do searches with multiple counties of origin due to tax reasons or somesuch.